CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS
CITIES is seeking 4 participants from Montreal to participate in a study mission on the themes of the sharing economy and the urban commons which will take place in Seoul, South Korea from Sept 30 – Oct 4, 2019.
- To identify and exchange good practices and inspiring examples on the urban commons and the sharing economy
- To outline mutual barriers and opportunities faced by the three cities, and a possible course of action for future collaboration between them.
- 3 days of stakeholder meetings and field visits to relevant project sites and organizations
- 1 days of seminar among participants
- 1 day of independent meetings between visiting participants and organizations in Seoul
- Financial assistance is available for all participants, but participants are expected to contribute to the financing of their participation. To participate, participants pay the participation fees and for their meals during their stay in Seoul. The rest of the mission costs will be covered by CITIES, City of Montreal, City of Barcelona, City of Seoul, and other funding partners of CITIES.
- The participation fees are as follows:
- Participants from a social economy organization: 1000 CAD
- Institutional participants (social economy support organization/university researcher): 2000 CAD
Mandatory eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a practitioner in a civil society organization or an academic researcher whose work is related to the sharing economy and/or urban commons. The organization must be based in Montreal, Quebec or Barcelona, Catalunya.
- Applicants must demonstrate significant experience in researching and/or managing urban commons and/or sharing economy issues and initiatives.
All the details about the mission are here, in the document Call for participation.
To apply, please submit the following required documents by 11:59 PM Friday, June 28, 2019:
- Relevant work (publications, projects, etc.)
- Two paragraphs on your expectations and the expertise you can contribute to the mission
Please send submissions and general inquiries to: email@example.com